Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: CLI
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here
The Network IP Address Inspector inspects a public IP address, returning a basic Data Print and Data Views including information about the ISP and other public-source details.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Network IP Address Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System Inspector should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "Network IP Address [Environment Name]"
- Agent: On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- IP Address: The external IP address given to your customer by their ISP
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
For more information, please watch our How To video
To import Network IP Address Inspectors via CSV Import, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Network IP Address > Select the down arrow icon in the top right-hand to Download CSV Import Template.
In the CSV Template, each row, starting on row three, will represent an Inspector. Fill in the following information for each Inspector you want to roll out:
- Agent.Name: Enter "On-Demand Agent"
- Inspector.Name: Enter "network-ip-inspector"
- Environment.Name: This column is case sensitive. Copy and paste the associated Environment name from the Dashboard screen
- Alias: Enter the Desired Friendly Name
- Config.IP_ADDRESS: Enter the external IP address given to your customer by their ISP
- FreqType: Enter "days"
- FreqInterval: Enter "1"
When ready to Import the CSV Template of Inspectors, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Network IP > Select the up arrow icon in the top right-hand to Import CSV > Select your saved template.
After the successful import notification, reload your browser to find your imported Inspectors.
These Inspectors will automatically trigger themselves to run within a minute.
Results may be restricted by certain ISP carriers
Some ISP carriers will limit the amount of data that can be returned. If it is restricted or limited, this will be visible within the resulting Data Print.
Updated about 1 month ago