Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: NinjaOne Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
The NinjaOne Inspector is a dedicated Inspector for the NinjaOne platform.
To set up this Inspector, you will generate an API Access Key and Access Key Secret from your NinjaOne instance.
- Log in to your NinjaOne instance with a system user that has access to generate API Credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to Configurations on the left-hand side of your instance.
- Then, navigate to Integrations under the Configurations options.
- Once you are on the Integrations screen, you should see a list of your current API Keys and other integration settings. You will want to select Generate API Key in the top right-hand corner of the page. If you desire, include a description for the API Key.
- Then, note down the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key for your Inspector setup. Close the window once you take note of the credentials.
Since NinjaOne is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the API Credentials setup above that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the NinjaOne Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] NinjaOne Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
- Access Key ID: Access Key ID copied from NinjaOne
- Secret Access Key: Access Secret copied from NinjaOne
- Region: The region of your instance. Possible choices are: North America (US), EU, and Australia and Oceania (OC)
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client(s)' NinjaOne organizations will be Auto-Discovered and surfaced on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > NinjaOne page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 10 months ago