Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Auvik Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Liongard's Auvik Inspector pulls network information from Auvik into Liongard.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
There are three steps to set up the Auvik Inspector:
- Create an API Access Only User
- Generate an API Key via the API Access Only User
- Obtain your API Cluster
Log in to your Auvik Instance: https://my.auvik.com/login
Under the parent account, navigate to Manage Users in the left side bar > Users > Invite Users
- Enter the email address for the new user, select all clients, select Roles > API Access Only Role, and select Save
Auvik will send an email to the email address entered above with an invite to log in to Auvik. You will need to sign into Auvik through this new API Access Only account and generate an API Key:
- Navigate to your Username in the bottom left corner of the left sidebar > in the bottom right corner, select Generate to generate an API key
- Copy the key and document it in your password management solution and select Save
You will enter your Auvik Cluster into your Auvik Inspector Template. To do so, navigate to Settings > Company
Auvik API URL
To complete Auvik's Liongard setup, you must use your Auvik API URL. This should start with https://auvikapi. It will NOT include the MSP name. A valid API URL will look as follows: https://auvikapi.XXX.my.auvik.com (where XXX equals your Auvik region - ie auvikapi.us1.my.auvik.com)
Since Auvik is a multi-tenant system, where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Auvik Inspector > Add System
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Auvik Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- Auvik API Cluster Name: Your API Cluster Name reads as follows: https://auvikapi.XXX.my.auvik.com. For example, https://auvikapi.us1.my.auvik.com.
- Auvik API Username: The new API Access Only user's username created in the Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Auvik API Key: The API Key created from the new API Access Only user in the Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your Auvik organizations will be auto-discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Auvik page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Auvik page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 9 months ago