Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Datto Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspected via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Log into your Datto Partner Portal and navigate to the following area: Admin > Integrations
- Once on the Integration page, select the Networking Tab and select "Enable Networking API" on the right hand side of the page
- Use the "Reveal Key" button to un hide the Client secret
- Copy down Datto Networking API Public Key and Datto Networking API Secret Key ( you can hide the secret key once it has been documented), This API key is used for both Datto Networking and DNA.
Since Datto Networking is a multi tenet set-up where a single portal is used to manage many environments, we will configure a single "Parent" inspector with the Datto Networking API Public Key and Datto Networking API Secret Key that will then auto-discover "Child" inspectors for each environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Datto Networking Inspector > Click Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Datto Networking Parent
- Agent: Select CLOUD-LINUX
- Inspector Version: Latest
- API Key: Provide the API Public Key generated from the Datto Networking Partner Portal
- API Secret: Provide the API Secret Key generated from the Datto Networking Partner Portal
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your Datto Partner Portal networks will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Datto Networking page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Datto Networking page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about a month ago