Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand, On-Premise, or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: UniFi Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
UniFi Cloud Access Portal
This Inspector does not support the UniFi Cloud Access Portal. If you are interested in this setup, please vote for this idea.
UniFi Cloud Keys
If you are using UniFi Cloud Keys and want to deploy the UniFi Inspector, you must configure the Inspector with an On-Premise Agent or a Self-Hosted Agent. If you are using UniFi Cloud Keys, the Inspector will fail if you configure the Inspector using the Cloud-Linux/On-Demand Agent.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
The UniFi Inspector requires a login to your UniFi Controller with at least Read-Only Permissions to all sites on the controller.
- On your UniFi Controller, navigate to Settings > Admin to set up the account.
- Make sure to select the additional flag "Allow read only access to all sites" under Global Permissions, so the user account can read multi-tenant setups.
- We recommend setting up a dedicated read-only account for the Liongard Inspector.
The Liongard Agent that you use for this Inspector must be able to reach the UniFi Controller in question. If the UniFi controller you are managing is installed on-premise, this Inspector can be run through an On-Premise Agent or Self-Hosted Agent.
Since Ubiquiti UniFi is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with read-only permissions login that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Ubiquiti UniFi Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Ubiquiti UniFi Parent
- Agent:Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- IP Address: The fully qualified domain name or IP Address of the UniFi Controller.
- Port: The network port on which the UniFi Controller is listening.
- Username: The read-only username set up earlier.
- Password: The password for the account created earlier.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Ubiquiti UniFi organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Ubiquiti UniFi page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Ubiquiti UniFi page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about 11 hours ago