Recommended Agent: On-Premises
Supported Agents: On-Premises
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
The VMware vCenter Inspector inspects the vCenter appliance to bring back information about hosts, VMs, networks, and datastores.
The current Preview Inspector only supports vCenter version 6.5 or greater. The Inspector only supports the appliance version of vCenter, not the server version.
Liongard recommends creating a dedicated administrator account for use with the VMware vCenter Inspector. You may also use the built-in Administrator account.
You will need the username and password for the administrator account when completing Inspector set up in Longard.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Preview (Beta) > Navigate to the VMware vCenter Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "VMware vCenter [Environment Name]"
- Agent: Select the On-premises Agent installed for this Environment
- Inspector Version: Latest
- vSphere ID: The IP Host Address of vSphere
- Username: Provide the Username for your vCenter credentials. Often, the Username appears in the format "domain.local\Administrator".
- Password: Provide the Password for your vCenter credentials.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
Updated 6 days ago