Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Managed
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: ConnectWise Automate Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspected via: API
Data Summary: Here
- Open the ConnectWise Automate Control Center application and log in using your ConnectWise Automate server address and credentials.
- Click on the System icon in the bottom-left corner.
- In the System menu, click Users and Contacts > User Class Manager.
- On the User Class Manager screen, click the + button in the bottom-left corner.
- Enter the Name of your new User Class (Recommended: Liongard). Click OK.
- From the list on the left, select the new User Classand enable Read access for the following permissions:
- Patch Manager
- User Classes
- Click Save
- Log in to ConnectWise Automate's web-based interface.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom-left corner.
- In the System menu, click User Management.
- Click the + Add button.
- Fill out the required fields. Make note of the Username and Password as they will be used when configuring the Inspector in Liongard. In the bottom-left corner, select Integrator.. Note: The Integrator user class will automatically bypass MFA.
- Click the User Classes tab.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Edit user classes, and select the user class you created above.
- Click the Group Membership tab.
- Select All Agents and All Clients.
- Click Save.
Since ConnectWise Automate is a multi-tenant system, where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the ConnectWise Automate Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] ConnectWise Automate Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand
- Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
- ConnectWise Automate Domain: Your ConnectWise Automate Domain (ex: https://liongard.hostedrmm.com)
- Username: The ConnectWise Automate Username you created in Step 2 above
- Password: The password for the user you created in Step 2 above
- Include Contact?: Leave enabled. Only disable the toggle if your inspection fails for Payload Size.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client ConnectWise Automate organizations will be auto-discovered and surfaced on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > ConnectWise Automate page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about 1 month ago