Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Vade Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspected via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Log in to Vade as a "Partner-tier" user. Click on your name in the top-right corner.
- Click Account in the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the screen, click API Credentials, or scroll down to the API Credentials section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the + button to create a new set of API credentials.
- Enter a name for your new API credentials. Under Scope, select the Customer & licenses management option. Click Generate.
- Make note of your client_ID and client_secret to configure Inspectors in Liongard.
Because Vade is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Vade Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
Type of Inspector: Parent
Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Vade Parent
Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
Client ID: Enter the Client ID generated in the Inspector Setup Preparation steps
Client Secret: Enter the Client Secret generated in the Inspector Setup Preparation steps
Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Vade organizations will be auto-discovered and will surface on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Vade page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 4 months ago