Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Vade Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspected via: API
Data Summary: Here
See it in Action
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Inspector Setup Preparation
Create an API Account
- Log in to Vade as a "Partner-tier" user. Click on your name in the top-right corner.
- Click Account in the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the screen, click API Credentials, or scroll down to the API Credentials section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the + button to create a new set of API credentials.
- Enter a name for your new API credentials. Under Scope, select the Customer & licenses management option. Click Generate.
- Make note of your client_ID and client_secret to configure Inspectors in Liongard.
Liongard Inspector Setup
Step 1: Parent Inspector Setup
Because Vade is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the Vade Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
Type of Inspector: Parent
Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Vade Parent
Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
Client ID: Enter the Client ID generated in the Inspector Setup Preparation steps
Client Secret: Enter the Client Secret generated in the Inspector Setup Preparation steps
Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
Step 2: Child Inspector Setup
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Vade organizations will be auto-discovered and will surface on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Vade page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
Optional: Turn on Flexible Asset/Configuration Auto-Updating
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Vade Quick Tips/FAQs
Updated 3 months ago