Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Managed
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Datto Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Datto BCDR Inspector Support for DCMA Azure Backup Devices
Please note that at this time, the Liongard Datto BCDR Inspector will not support Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure (DCMA) devices.
The latest version of our Datto Inspector leverages the new REST API, not the old XML API. If you have previously used the XML API-based Inspector, you will need to enable and generate Keys specifically for the REST API.
- Follow Datto's documentation to enable the REST API and get the Public and Private API Keys.
API Key Restrictions
When creating your Datto BCDR REST API key, please make sure the "Organization" field is blank. Setting this to a specific organization will restrict the API key to the selected organization, causing the child inspectors to fail.
Since Datto BCDR is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the REST API Key that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the Datto BCDR Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Datto Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- REST API Public Key: Enter the REST API Public Key from the Datto Portal.
- REST API Private Key: Enter the REST API Private Key from the Datto Portal.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Datto BCDR organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Datto BCDR page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Datto BCDR page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 3 months ago