Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Domotz Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspected via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Log in to Domotz using your Team Leader credentials
- Click on Settings
- Click on the API Keys tab
- Click on Create an API Key
- Enter your password and click Unlock
- Enter a Friendly Namefor the API Key (Suggested Naming: Liongard) and click Create
- Save the API Key and Endpoint URL for use when you configure the Inspector in Liongard.
Since Domotz is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Domotz Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Domotz Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
- Endpoint URL: Enter the Endpoint URL saved from the Inspector Setup above
- API Key: Enter the API Key saved from the Inspector Setup above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your Domotz organizations will be auto-discovered and surfaced on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Domotz page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 8 days ago