Creating a report from a report template is valuable for reports you need to generate repeatedly. The first step to create a report from a report template is building the template.
- To create a report template, select Create Template in the top right of the Reports screen.
- Name the report template. Template names must be unique.
- Click Begin
- Select the Environment(s) for which you would like to preview data as you build the template. This field will default to "All Environments." Multiple individual Environments can be selected using the pulldown or through the search icon.
For each Metric Table, you will select the Metrics you would like to report on for ONE Inspector. Use multiple Metric tables to create a cross-System report.
- Title the table.
- Select an Inspector.
- Select the Metric(s) you would like to include in the template.
- Select Systems for which you would like to preview the data.
- If desired, add an additional Metric table(s) to the template by clicking the + Metric Table button and repeat Step 4.
When you are finished building the report template, click the blue "Save Template" button in the top right of the screen.
Your new report template will now appear on the Templates tab.
- To create a report using a saved template, select Create Report in the top right of the Reports screen.
You can also select the Create Report icon on the individual template in your templates list.
- Select From Template
- Select the appropriate Template
- Name the report. Report names must be unique.
- Select the Environment(s) for which you would like to create the report. This will default to "All Environments." Individual Environments can be selected using the pulldown or through the search icon. Multiple Environments can be selected.
Based on the template, and your selections above, your report will generate. You can edit the report if necessary, including changing the inspection date, adding Metrics, etc.
By default, building a report from a template will pull data from the latest inspection. If you would like to change the inspection date of the report, select Change > Specific Date.
- If a specific date is selected, you can also specify a date range in the event that Metrics are not available for the date selected. If a range is selected, the report will display data from the most recent date, within the range specified, that has available Metrics. You can also elect to exclude systems with no data.
- When you are satisfied with the date, click Select.
You also may choose to filter the Metrics tables within the report to further explore the data. However, filters will not be saved in the report. You may export the Metric table itself via the "Export" option in the right-hand corner of the Metric table which will preserve the applied filters.
- Once you are satisfied with the report, select Continue in the top right of the screen.
- You will be prompted to select a report output:
- Selecting the checkbox for "All environments in one Report" will generate ONE report with ALL selected Environments
- Selecting the checkbox for "Separate Reports per Environment" will generate a DIFFERENT report for EACH Environment selected in the reports builder. Each of these reports will be delivered in a ZIP file.
- Selecting both checkboxes will generate both a consolidated report and a report for each individual Environment (delivered in a ZIP file)
To add a schedule to your report, click the Add Schedule button and select a weekly or monthly schedule. Your report will be generated on the schedule selected, and automatically appear in your Liongard instance as scheduled.
When scheduled reports are run, they will use the report name, followed by the date that the report was generated.
Optional: Expand the Add Recipients panel to enter an email or multiple email addresses that will be notified when the report has been run and is ready to be viewed in Liongard. Click the Generate this report now button to run the report immediately.
- Select "Finish" in the top right corner of the screen. A notification will appear confirming that your report is created, and you can then choose a delivery method:
- "Download as Excel" will allow you to download your new report directly from Liongard as an Excel spreadsheet.
- "Send by Email" will allow you to email a link to the report. This link will allow whoever is sent the link to access the report in Liongard. You can also add a message to the body of the email.
- "Copy Link to Share" will copy a link to the report in Liongard to your clipboard.
Once the report is generated, you can access the report in the Reports tab.
Updated 3 months ago