Recommended Agent: On-Premises
Supported Agents: On-Premises or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
If you are using ImageManager, this step may already be completed.
- Log into the StorageCraft SPX application on the server in question.
- Select File > Remote access settings....
- Leave port 13581 as the default port, or pick a port of your choosing but make sure to document it for setting up the Liongard Inspector later.
- Select "Enable Remote Access".
If there is a local firewall running on the server: verify that access to that port is whitelisted such that the port can be reached from the system running the Liongard Agent.
If the port isn't whitelisted, the inspection may not be able to run successfully.
Agent Selection & Installation
We generally recommend running this Inspector from an On-premises Agent. If you don't already have a Liongard Agent installed in this customer Environment, please review our Agent documentation.
Alternatively, you can run this Inspector from your Self-Hosted Agent, but you will need to configure your external firewall such that your Self-Hosted Agent can reach the StorageCraft API port directly.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the StorageCraft SPX Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System Inspector should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "StorageCraft SPX [Environment Name]"
- Agent: Select the On-premises Agent installed for this Environment
- Inspector Version: Latest
- URL/IP: The internal IP address or the fully qualified domain name for the machine running StorageCraft, or name of the StorageCraft server
- This should be something that identifies the StorageCraft server relative to the Liongard Agent that you're using.
- Port: The default port will be pre-populated by Liongard, but if you changed the port when setting up API access in StorageCraft, then put that port number here
- Username: An AD/Windows username that is in the Administrators group on the machine running StorageCraft
- This is required by the StorageCraft API to authenticate
- Password: The password for the aforementioned AD/Windows user
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
For more information, please watch our How To video
To import StorageCraft SPX Inspectors via CSV Import, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > StorageCraft SPX > Select the down arrow icon in the top right-hand to Download CSV Import Template.
In the CSV Template, each row, starting on row three, will represent an Inspector. Fill in the following information for each Inspector you want to roll out:
- Agent.Name: This column is case sensitive. Copy and paste the associated Agent name from the Admin > Agents screen
- Inspector.Name: Enter "storagecraft-spx-inspector"
- Environment.Name: This column is case sensitive. Copy and paste the associated Environment name from the Dashboard screen
- Alias: Enter the Desired Friendly Name
- Config.URL: Enter the internal IP address or the fully qualified domain name for the machine running StorageCraft, or name of the StorageCraft server
- This should be something that identifies the StorageCraft server relative to the Liongard Agent that you're using
- If you are using a Cloud Agent, then the public IP address or name that will allow access to the API port is appropriate
- Config.PORT: The default port will is "13581", but if you changed the port when setting up API access in StorageCraft, then enter that port number here
- Config.USERNAME: Enter an AD/Windows username that is in the Administrators group on the machine running StorageCraft
- SecureConfig.PASSWORD: Enter the password for the above AD/Windows user
- FreqType: Enter "days"
- FreqInterval: Enter "1"
When ready to Import the CSV Template of Inspectors, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > StorageCraft SPX > Select the up arrow icon in the top right-hand to Import CSV > Select your saved template.
After the successful import notification, reload your browser to find your imported Inspectors.
These Inspectors will automatically trigger themselves to run within a minute.
Updated 6 months ago