Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand, On-Premise, or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Bitdefender Child Tenants
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Business vs. Enterprise
This Inspector will work with both the Business and Enterprise versions of Bitdefender GravityZone.
- Log in to your Bitdefender GravityZone console
- On the top right-hand side of the navigation header, click on your user name and select My Account in the drop-down
- Scroll down to find your API URL under the section labeled Control Center API.
- Next, scroll down to the API keys section and click on the Add button.
- Apply the permissions listed below for the API key:
- Companies API
- Licensing API
- Packages API
- Network API
- Policies API
- Reports API
- Accounts API
- Incidents API
- Quarantine API
- Click Save
- Copy the API key to your clipboard.
Since Bitdefender GravityZone is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the API Key that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Bitdefender GravityZone Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Bitdefender Parent
- Agent: Select CLOUD-LINUX
- Inspector Version: Latest (Auto-Update)
- API Hostname: The Control Center API Access URL, including the protocol "https://" prefix.
- API Key: The Client Key copied above. (ensure no whitespace is present)
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Bitdefender GravityZone organizations will be Auto-Discovered and surfaced on the Discovered Systems page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Bitdefender GravityZone page
- Activate your Discovered Systems by ensuring they're mapped to the correct Environment > Select the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Activate Launchpoints.
- Users may also Archive Discovered Systems by Selecting the checkbox to the left of the Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop-down menu > Archive Launchpoints.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about a month ago