Typically Runs From: Managed Cloud Agent
Is Auto-Discovered By: Performing the ConnectWise Platform Integration
Can Auto-Discover: Internet Domain Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
ConnectWise API Account
Before you begin here, make sure your ConnectWise API account is set up correctly.
Follow all the steps on the ConnectWise API Account documentation.
You can confirm the version you're running by right-clicking on the application icon and viewing properties. Roar has been tested to support v2017.6 and higher. These screens may be slightly different in v2018+
Navigate to System > Security Roles and click the "+" sign to add a new role
Enter "RoarInspector" in the Role name field and then click on the save icon.
Expand each API section and choose either "All" or "Mine" under the Inquire Level dropdown. Please note that you can select any number of the APIs to give access to the Roar inspector. Any you wish for it not to see simply leave the Inquire Level as "None".
Once you are done selecting the which APIs the Roar inspector can access click on the Save icon.
Roar inspector requires the ability to access your ConnectWise Manage account through an API Member. This is account type does not require a user license. Under the ConnectWise Manage Windows client, enable an API client in the following steps.
In the lefthand navigation panel, navigate to System > Members > API Members
Please refer to your organization's naming convention policies when creating usernames. Usernames we state in the documentation are suggestions only.
Provide the user details for the RoarInspector user. Ensure that the License Class is an API user. For the RoleID grant the level of permissions required in your organization to create and modify tickets and project tasks. These are suggested values:
- Member ID - Any name to identify the API account user
- License Class - API
- Password/Confirm - Fill this in, but it is not used since online console access will not be required.
- Disable Online - Check
- First Name - RoarInspector
- Last Name - Liongard
- Role ID - RoarInspector (Role created in prior steps)
- Location - Your default location
- Level - Corporate (Level 1)
- Business Unit - Admin (suggested)
- Name - Corporate
- Time Approver - Select the default Time Approver
- Work Role - Office (suggested)
- Expense Approver - Select the default Expense Approver
- Default Territory - Default Territory
Click on the API Keys tab, add the Description title and click the Save icon to generate the keys.
Copy and save the Public Key and Private Key values to a secure place.
Note: You will not be able to access these the Private key once you navigate away from this tab.
Add a new Connectwise Inspector from Admin > Inspectors > Connectwise
Select and fill in the following fields and values:
- Environment: Select the customer environment the system should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Name to describe the launchpoint
- Controller: Select the agent you wish to run the inspector on, it can run on any inspector
- Company ID: The company ID you used to login to your Connectwise instance
- Connectwise URL: The URL used to access your Connectwise instance
- Public API Key: The public API key generated above
- Private API Key: The private API key generated above
- Inspector Version: Latest
Once this inspector runs, it will auto-discover domains in your ConnectWise Manage. Learn how to create inspectors from discovered domains here.
Last Updated: 2019-09-18