Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Managed
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: JumpCloud Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
JumpCloud System Insights
The JumpCloud Inspector pulls back additional data that is only available from utilizing System Insights. This is an additional paid feature of JumpCloud. If you do not have the required licensing, some additional system data may return empty.
A user is required to set up this integration. You have the option of creating a new API User or using an existing user to generate the API Credentials.
MFA is supported for API use and recommended to properly secure accounts.
- Creating a New API User: If you wish to create a new user for generating the API credentials, follow Step 1
- Generating API Credentials: If you already have a user created that you would like to use, proceed to Step 2
- Log in to the JumpCloud Console and navigate to the Administrators tab.
- Add a new user using the green plus icon on the top left of the screen
- Fill out the following fields and click Save. We recommend setting up MFA for Security purposes. If enabled, an email will be sent to the email address provided for further account creation.
- Once you have created or logged in with your API user, you can access any one of your companies to obtain the API Key.
- After you access a company you should see the user name in the top right-hand corner, if you click here a drop-down list of options will appear. Select API Settings.
- Copy the API Key for the Inspector setup.
Since JumpCloud is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the API Key that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the JumpCloud Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Select Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested "JumpCloud [Environment Name]"
- Agent: On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- JumpCloud (Client) Secret: The API Key you created in the steps above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client JumpCloud organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors >JumpCloud page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > JumpCloud page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 2 months ago