Prepare for your initial visit with a prospective customer by reviewing the results of these inspections.
Here’s what to focus on:
- Find out when their business/brand was registered under the Internet Domain creation date field in Liongard.
- Find our their Domain Registrar (Go Daddy, etc.) to be informed and speak to how your MSP has experience, if any, working with this registrar.
- Determine if the domain is expiring soon. Nothing like saving a prospective customer from downtime!
- Identify if an SPF record is in place to learn about approved email sending sources. If there is no SPF record, be prepared to chat on why this is important.
- Go to DNS and review the A record to see where their website is hosted (far right column). Be prepared to talk about anything you see there, such as Rackspace, AWS, etc.
- Under DNS, review the MX record to see where email is hosted. Be prepared to speak about the vendor you see there such as Microsoft 365, Google, etc.
- Under DNS, review other subdomains discovered. Take time to review their website and these subdomains to be informed on your initial visit.
- Find out if the certificate, if any, is expiring. Again, nothing like averting disaster for a prospective customer!
- Be prepared to discuss why security is important and how they can protect their staff from known breaches.
Updated about 1 month ago