Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Kaseya VSA Child Tenants
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Log in to your Kaseya VSA instance. In the navigation menu, select System > User Security > Users
- Create a new account (or use an existing account) with the System Role and Scope. Record Username to use in Liongard Inspector Setup.
- Navigate to the Access Token tab and select New.
- Input a Token Name and leave the "Expires after the date" field blank to indicate no expiration date.
- Under Scopes Assigned select Rest API (Read, Write)
- Copy the Token for use in the Inspector Setup below.
Since Kaseya VSA is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the Access Token created above that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Kaseya VSA Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Kaseya VSA Parent
- Agent: Select On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- Kaseya VSA URL: The URL of your Kaseya VSA instance, including the protocol (http://, https://)
- Username: Username of the System User created, or used, in the Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Access Token: The Access Token copied in the final step of Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Schedule: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Kaseya VSA organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Kaseya VSA page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Kaseya VSA page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 3 days ago