Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand, On-Premise, or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Kaseya Child Tenants
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Third Party Authentication Source for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
If you are using a third party authentication source for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), you may have issues enabling the Inspector. If using AuthAnvil, whitelisting the user or Cloud Agent IP address will allow the Inspector to land.
This is a known issue, and it is on our roadmap to improve this capability.
System Level User
A System Level User is required for this Inspector. We attempt to grab Organizations, Users, User Roles, User Scopes, Assets, and Agent information using read-only endpoints.
Since Kaseya VSA is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the System Level User that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Kaseya VSA Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Kaseya RMM Parent
- Agent: Select CLOUD-LINUX
- Inspector Version: Latest
- URL: The URL of your Kaseya VSA instance, including the protocol (http://, https://)
- The Username of the User to Login as: Username of the System User to access Kaseya VSA
- The Password of the User to Login as: Password for the System User to access Kaseya VSA
- Schedule: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Kaseya VSA organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Kaseya VSA page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Kaseya VSA page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about a month ago