Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
This document provides the steps required to configure the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Inspector.
Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Child Tenants
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
See it in Action
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Inspector Setup Preparation
Step 1: Acquire API Token
- Log in to your Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Management Portal
- Navigate to Settings > API Clients > Create API Client
- Enter a Name for the API Client
- Click Next. The API client will create with the Active status by default.
- Copy and save the Client ID, Client Secret, and Data Center URL for use in the Liongard Inspector Setup below.
- Note: For security reasons, the secret value is only displayed once. If lost, it can't be retrieved, only reset.
Step 2: Turn on Support Access for Child Accounts
- Navigate to Settings > Security
- Enable the Support Access toggle
Liongard Inspector Setup
Step 1: Parent Inspector Setup
Since Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the API Key that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Parent
- Agent: On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- Client ID: Insert the Client ID generated above
- Client Secret: Insert the Client Secret generated above
- Data Center URL: Insert the Data Center URL generated above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
Step 2: Child Inspector Setup
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud organizations will be auto-discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
Optional: Turn on Flexible Asset/Configuration Auto-Updating
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 5 months ago