Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
The KnowBe4 Inspector inspects the KnowBe4 platform to report on Users, Phishing Tests, Awareness Campaigns and Account Information.
Due to current limitations of the KnowBe4 API, unfortunately, Liongard can not set this Inspector up using the Parent/Child Inspector model. Each account in KnowBe4 requires a separate API.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Login to your KnowBe4 account and navigate to “Account Settings” by selecting your account from the top right of the page.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the “API” section
- If the checkbox to enable the reporting API has not been selected, enable it now.
This will generate an API token that you will need to record in a secure place and add to the inspector configuration screen.
- Copy the API Token to complete the Liongard Inspector Setup
Keep this in mind for the inspector setup process.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the KnowBe4 Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "KnowBe4 [Environment Name]"
- Agent: Select Cloud-Linux or select the On-premise Agent installed for this Environment
- Inspector Version: Latest
- API Key: The API Key you generated above
- EU Flag: Only modify this if you have an EU instance ( ex. https://eu.api.knowbe4.com )
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about a month ago