This document provides the steps required to configure the Junos Inspector.
Recommended Agent: On-Premises
Supported Agents: On-Premises or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: SSH
Data Summary: Here
Inspector Setup Preparation
Configure Agent Access
Before starting with the Inspector setup, we will need to configure the Junos device such that a Liongard Agent can access it via SSH and log in with a valid username and password or SSH key.
- Create a Liongard Service Account with read-only Admin permissions and either a password or SSH key that can be entered into Liongard for authentication purposes.
- Use (or set up) an On-Premises Agent inside the firewall (the recommended approach) or configure the firewall such that the SSH interface can be reached from your Self-Hosted Agent.
Liongard Inspector Setup
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Inspector Types > Navigate to the Junos Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System Inspector should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "Junos [Environment Name]"
- Agent: Select the On-premises Agent installed for this Environment
- Inspector Version: Latest
- IP/Hostname: The IP address or hostname (resolvable from the Agent machine) of the Junos device.
- SSH Port: SSH port reachable from the Agent machine.
- SSH Username: Username on the Junos device for use by the Inspector.
- SSH Password or SSH Private Key: The password or SSH key associated with the above Username.
- SSH Passphrase for Private Key: (IF CONFIGURED) SSH key passphrase, if using a private key with a passphrase.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
Updated 3 months ago