Recommended Agent: Endpoint
Supported Agents: Endpoint
Is Auto-Discovered By: Endpoint Agent Installation
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: Endpoint Agent
Data Summary: Here
Endpoint Inspector Count
The Windows Workstation Inspector is an Endpoint Inspector. Endpoint Inspectors are billed per unit according to your agreement with Liongard. Usage beyond the contracted amount will be charged on your monthly invoices.
To view your Endpoint Inspector count per Environment, navigate to Admin > Environments > Review the "Endpoint Inspector" column
To view the number of included Endpoint Inspectors and your minimum commitment for Endpoint Inspectors, navigate to your username in the upper right-hand corner and select Company Settings.
Please contact your Account Manager for additional contract and pricing details.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
The Windows Workstation Inspector requires Windows 10 (any version) or higher.
The Windows Workstation Inspector is auto-activated upon deployment of an Endpoint Agent on a Windows workstation.
Full instructions on Endpoint Agent deployment via MSI and it's minimum system requirements can be found here.
This inspector was custom built to take advantage of least privilege best practices. The Endpoint Agent can be deployed using any standard user-level account, whether it be a local account on the system, or a domain user account.
After the Endpoint Agent is installed, a Windows Workstation Inspector will auto-deploy and auto-activate. The Inspector will run within the minute and will return data to Liongard which can be accessed from your Dashboard > Systems > System Type > Windows Workstation screen.
The Windows Workstation Inspector can assist in troubleshooting network issues
by running a ping and a traceroute on the Windows workstation.
Follow the steps below to run a ping and a traceroute:
- Navigate to your Dashboard > Systems > System Type > Windows Workstation > Click into a System.
- Click the Pencil icon, in the top-right corner of the screen, to Edit the Inspector's configurations.
- In the Custom URL field, enter an IP address, or a URL, that you would like to run the ping and traceroute against.
- Click the blue Save button.
- Once saved, force run the Inspector by clicking the Run button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Clicking the Refresh Status button will provide the status of the current run. This process should take approximately one minute to complete but can take up to 5 minutes if problems are detected.
- Once the inspection completes, the results of the ping and traceroute can be found on the Network Diagnostics Data View tab in the Ping and Traceroute tables.
If your Windows Workstation is offline and misses multiple inspections, Liongard will only process missed inspections in the last 24 hours.
To remove a Windows Workstation Inspector from Liongard, complete the following steps:
- Uninstall the Endpoint Agent
- After the Endpoint Agent is uninstalled from the target machine, log into Liongard and disable the Inspector.
Updated 6 days ago