Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Login to Watchman Monitoring
- On the left-hand navigation pane, expand Settings and click on API
- In the API Keys panel, click on the Generate a Key button
- Enter a name of the API key such as Liongard and set the scope to Full Access
Please note the inspector only does GET requests to the API but we are restricted to what Watchman Monitoring provides for scoping of API keys.
- Click Save
- Copy the API key that appears in the API keys panel.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Watchmam Monitoring Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System Inspector should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "Watchman Monitoring [Environment Name]"
- Agent: Cloud-Linux
- Inspector Version: Latest
- Cloudwatch Monitoring URL: The URL of your Watchman Monitoring instance. Include the ‘http’ protocol.
- API Key: The API Key copied above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about a month ago