Recommended Agent: On-Demand
Supported Agents: On-Demand or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: N/A
Parent/Child Type Inspector: No
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Video isn't playing? Click here.
- Login to Watchman Monitoring
- On the left-hand navigation pane, expand Settings and click on API
- In the API Keys panel, click on the Generate a Key button
- Enter a name of the API key such as Liongard and set the scope to Full Access
Please note the inspector only does GET requests to the API but we are restricted to what Watchman Monitoring provides for scoping of API keys.
- Click Save
- Copy the API key that appears in the API keys panel.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Watchmam Monitoring Inspector > Select Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select the Environment this System Inspector should be associated to
- Friendly Name: Suggested "Watchman Monitoring [Environment Name]"
- Agent: On-Demand Agent
- Inspector Version: Latest
- Cloudwatch Monitoring URL: The URL of your Watchman Monitoring instance. Include the ‘http’ protocol.
- API Key: The API Key copied above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
For more information, please watch our How To video
To import Watchman Monitoring Inspectors via CSV Import, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Watchman Monitoring > Select the down arrow icon in the top right-hand to Download CSV Import Template.
In the CSV Template, each row, starting on row three, will represent an Inspector. Fill in the following information for each Inspector you want to roll out:
- Agent.Name: This column is case sensitive. Copy and paste the associated Agent name from the Admin > Agents screen
- Inspector.Name: Enter "watchman-monitoring-inspector"
- Environment.Name: This column is case sensitive. Copy and paste the associated Environment name from the Dashboard screen
- Alias: Enter the Desired Friendly Name
- SecureConfig.URL: The URL of your Watchman Monitoring instance including the protocol (Http:// or Https://)
- SecureConfig.API_KEY: The key for accessing the Watchman Monitoring API
- FreqType: Enter "days"
- FreqInterval: Enter "1"
When ready to Import the CSV Template of Inspectors, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Watchman Monitoring > Select the up arrow icon in the top right-hand to Import CSV > Select your saved template.
After the successful import notification, reload your browser to find your imported Inspectors.
These Inspectors will automatically trigger themselves to run within a minute.
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated 8 days ago