Users have the ability to silence Actionable Alert rules for a specific systems.
Users who are assigned the "Task Admin" role have the ability to Silence Actionable Alerts and rules.
Silencing Actionable Alert rules can be used proactively for users that want to avoid Alerts triggering.
- Navigate to Admin > Actionable Alerts > Rules Tab
- In the Actions column, select the Silence Rule icon for the rule you want to silence.
- In the new window, select the System(s) for which the Actionable Alert rule should be silenced.
- OPTIONAL: If there are any Associated Alerts and those alerts are landing in your PSA, you have the option to update the Ticket Status in your PSA.
- To do so, at the bottom of the window, select your PSA and Ticket Status. Once the rule is silenced, any associated, open Actionable Alerts for the selected System(s) will move to the selected status.
- If you do not select a PSA and Ticket Status and there is an open ticket in your PSA, the status of the ticket will not change in your PSA.
- Select Silence in the bottom right corner.
The rule is now silenced for the selected System(s) and no new Actionable Alerts will generate.
Any open Actionable Alerts, in Liongard, associated with the rule from the System(s) selected will be moved to the “Closed-Unfinished” status. To make edits, visit the Silenced Rules tab.
- Navigate to Admin > Actionable Alerts > Silenced Rules Tab
- In the Actions column, select the Unsilence Rule icon for the rule(s) you would like to unsilence.
- If there are no Associated Alerts with corresponding tickets in your PSA, you can confirm that you would like to unsilence the rule.
- If there are Associated Alerts with corresponding tickets in your PSA, select an Alert Status for the associated Actionable Alerts.
- When this rule was silenced for the selected System(s), any open Actionable Alerts in Liongard were moved to the "Closed-Unfinished" status. If there were Associated Alerts landing in your PSA, you were prompted to select a Status for those tickets. If you did not select a Status, the Status of those alerts did not change.
- OPTIONAL: Select the check box to force run the Inspector for which the rule is associated.
- Click Unsilence
Once an Actionable Alert triggers, users can silence an alert so it no longer triggers. When silencing an alert, the alert's status will be set as "Closed-Unfinished."
Anyone who can manage alerts can silence alerts. A RoarBot comment will be added to the alert when it is silenced or unsilenced. Currently, these Roarbot comments will NOT be sent to PSA integrations.
- Click into the Actionable Alert from the Liongard Dashboard or the Single Environment Dashboard.
- Within the alert, enable the Silence Alert toggle.
- A popup will appear, letting the user know that the alert status in Liongard will be changed to "Closed-Unfinished" and that the associated Actionable Alert Rule for this System will also be silenced.
If the alert has an open ticket in a PSA integration, you can optionally select a Ticket Status for the ticket to update to in your PSA. If you do not select a Ticket Status, the status of that ticket will remain as is.
- Click into the Actionable Alert.
- Within the alert, disable the Silence Alert toggle
- Select an Alert Status for the Actionable Alert.
- OPTIONAL: Select the checkbox to force run the Inspector for which the rule is associated.
- Click Unsilence
Updated 5 months ago