Recommended Agent: On-Premises
Supported Agents: On-Premises or Self-Hosted
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Veeam Child Tenants
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Inspection via: API
Data Summary: Here
Veeam Availability Console Inspector Version Support
The Veeam Availability Console Inspector does not support versions newer than Veeam Availability Console v3. For Veeam Service Provider Console v4, please review our Veeam Service Provider Console v4 Inspector documentation.
Video isn't playing? Click here.
Admin User Required
The Veeam Availability Console requires an administrative username and password for Liongard to use. Currently there is not a less privileged way to use the API.
Since Veeam is a multi-tenant system where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector with the API Key that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Liongard, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Veeam Inspector > Add System.
Fill in the following information:
- Type of Inspector: Parent
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Veeam Parent
- Agent: Select the On-premises Agent installed for this Environment
- Inspector Version: Latest
- API Hostname: The DNS name or IP address of the machine on which Veeam Availability Console Web UI is installed.
- API Port: The REST API port number you specified during Veeam Availability Console Web UI installation.
- Administrator Username: The Administrator Username for your Veeam Availability Console.
*Defaults to vac\administrator.
- Administrator Password: The Administrator Password for your Veeam Availability Console.
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your client Veeam Availability Console organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Veeam page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Veeam page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
If you would like this Inspector's data to be sent to ConnectWise and/or IT Glue, turn on Flexible Assets/Configurations for this Inspector:
- ConnectWise: Admin > Integrations > ConnectWise > Configuration Types > Confirm the "Configuration Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
- IT Glue: Admin > Integrations > IT Glue > Flexible Assets > Confirm the "Flexible Asset Auto-Updating" toggle is enabled
Updated about 2 months ago