Typically Runs From: Managed Cloud Agent
Is Auto-Discovered By: N/A
Can Auto-Discover: Auvik Child Inspectors
Parent/Child Type Inspector: Yes
Roar's Auvik Inspector pulls network information from Auvik into Roar.
There are three steps to setup the Auvik Inspector:
Log in to your Auvik Instance: https://my.auvik.com/login
Under the parent account, navigate to Manage Users in the left side bar > Users > Invite Users
- Enter your email address, select all clients, select Roles > API Access Only Role, and select Save
Auvik will send the email address entered above an invite to login to Auvik. You will need to sign in through this new account, and generate an API Key:
- Navigate to your Username in the bottom left corner of the left sidebar > in the bottom right corner, select Generate to generate an API key
- Copy the key and document it in your password management solution and select Save
You will enter your Auvik URL into your Auvik Inspector Template. To do so, navigate to Settings > Company
Auvik API URL
To complete Auvik's Roar setup, you must use your Auvik API URL. This should start with https://auvikapi.
Since Auvik is a multi-tenant system, where a single portal is used to manage many Environments, you will set up a single "Parent" Inspector that will then auto-discover "Child" Inspectors for each Environment.
In Roar, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > Navigate to the Auvik Inspector > Add System
Fill in the following information:
- Environment: Select your MSP's Environment
- Friendly Name: Suggested Naming: [MSP Name] Auvik Parent
- Agent: Select CLOUD-LINUX
- Auvik API URL: https://auvikapi.**us1**.my.auvik.com - Change the region to the location of your Auvik deployment from above.
- Auvik API Username: The username created in the Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Auvik API Key: The API Key created in the Inspector Setup Preparation above
- Scheduling: The Inspector will default to run once a day at the time the Inspector is set up. Here you can adjust the schedule
- Inspector Version: Latest
Select Save. The Inspector will now be triggered to run within the minute.
After the first run of the Parent Inspector, your Auvik organizations will be Auto-Discovered in the Discovered Systems tab on the Inspectors > Auvik page.
Navigate to the Discovered Systems tab in your Inspectors > Auvik page
- Activate or Archive your Discovered Systems by ensuring that they're mapped to the correct Environment > Check the checkbox to the left of Inspector(s) > Select the Actions drop down menu > Activate Launchpoints
Last Update: 2020-01-13
Updated about a month ago