Enabling Roar's IT Glue Integration will allow your team to access automated system configuration and status details directly in IT Glue. Roar creates new Flexible Assets in IT Glue with rich HTML tables.
The data in Roar's Flexible Assets auto-updates daily, giving your team accurate and deep visibility across systems. This fast access to data means your team can spend less time logging into different systems.
Admin > Integrations > IT Glue
- Check “Enable Flexible Asset Integration” in the Flexible Assets tab and save your changes.
- Select the systems you want Roar to create and auto-update Flexible Assets for by toggling the switch under the Flexible Asset Auto-Updating column.
- The Edit Fields column lets you select which fields you want Roar to push over for each Flexible Asset type.
You have three options for each section of data:
- Include the full data in the Flexible Asset (recommended)
- Include only a Link to Roar for your team to view this data in Roar
- Exclude the data from the Flexible Asset all together
Once you've edited the fields, save your changes using the button in the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the Map Orgs tab to select which companies you'd like Roar to auto-update. Toggle the switch on or off under the Flexible Asset Auto-Updating column.
To do a controlled test of Roar's IT Glue integration, you can toggle on auto-updating for one company and one system, along with the global on/off switch.
Make sure this company has an inspector for the system you selected. The Flexible Asset in IT Glue will be generated the next time an inspection runs. To run an inspection manually, navigate to Admin > Inspectors and select the system you want to run. Clicking the play button next to any inspector will run it.
An inspection must run for the asset to appear in IT Glue
Once you have configured the IT Glue integration and turned on the flexible asset auto-updating, you must either wait until a scheduled inspection runs or manually run the Inspector. Once the inspection has completed, the inspection data will land in IT Glue.
To organize the left side bar in IT Glue, you'll need admin privileges in IT Glue. Login to IT Glue and go to Account > Customize Sidebar. If you can't see the Account tab, reach out to your internal team Admin for assistance.
You'll find Roar's Flexible Assets with the naming convention System name (auto) as the title. Feel free to move these over into your existing sidebar sections or create a new section called Roar.
Customize Roar's Flexible Assets
In IT Glue, you can add icons next to your Flexible Assets to distinguish them from others. To do so, navigate to Account on the top navigation bar > click into the Flexible Asset Types page in the left sidebar > click into a Flexible Asset type > Pick Icon > Save
1. How frequently does Roar data refresh in IT Glue Flexible Assets?
Roar updates Flexible Assets in IT Glue every time a Roar inspection runs, which by default is set to 24 hours. However, this is tunable for every inspector under the edit settings.
Note: IT Glue also shows you the last time the data was refreshed in the Revisions section on the right-hand side of a Flexible Asset.
You can use this revision section like a timeline in IT Glue. Clicking into any of the revisions will show you the snapshot of system data from that point in time. This can be very helpful for situations like an MX record change when you need to go back in time to see prior settings.
2. Can we change the name of Roar's Flexible Assets?
Everything in the asset (auto) is controlled by Roar. If you change the Flexible Asset name, Roar will change it back when it lands the next inspection. This is the same with all the fields in the Flexible Asset. A mapping can only be broken if the user intentionally unmaps it in the Integration section, or if the asset is deleted on the IT Glue side. If the asset is deleted in IT Glue, Roar clears the mapping and recreates it.
Note: you can change the icons! (See green Customize Roar's Flexible Assets notice above)
3. What if we already have our own Flexible Assets in IT Glue? Will Roar overwrite them?
No, Roar will not overwrite any of your Flexible Assets. Roar only creates new Flexible Assets in IT Glue.
4. Can I use IT Glue's global search to find information inside the tables you're pushing over to IT Glue?
You sure can! All of Roar's HTML tables are indexed with IT Glue.
5. Can we link Roar's Flexible Assets with our existing Flexible Assets?
Right now, the best way to link Roar's auto-generated Flexible Assets with your existing Flexible Assets is by using the Related Items feature in IT Glue.
6. I'm seeing two Flexible Assets in IT Glue for the same thing. What's going on?
On rare occasions, Roar inspections can get scheduled so close together that more that one inspection can land within milliseconds of each other. With an asynchronous push to IT Glue with both inspections, duplicates can happen. Fortunately, Roar has a self-healing system in place for this. The next time Roar data lands, it will identify the duplicate and clear the older one. If you see a duplicate, you can also delete it using the Roar UI on the Integrations screen, instead of waiting for the next inspection.