Metrics give you the ability to write a query to extract specific pieces of data from an Inspector's Data Print. A Metric starts with a question.
- How many privileged users do I have in this Active Directory instance?
- How many Enterprise E3 Licenses am I using in my Office 365 tenant?
- On what date does this domain expire?
- Who is the issuer of this certificate?
Metrics give you a way to answer these questions.
In its raw form, seen in our Inspectors' Data Prints, our Inspectors' data lands as a JSON Object. You can create Metrics in Roar in multiple ways. Learn How to Create a Metric here.
Metrics can help your team:
Metrics are not pushed into your Roar PSA or Documentation Tool Integrations.
By default, Metrics are toggled off, as to not be displayed.
To turn Metrics on:
- In Roar, navigate to Admin > Metrics
- Toggle the Display toggles on according to your preference
Our Inspectors often pull vast amounts of data. Because of this, we work to surface only what will be valuable to our partners into each Inspectors' different data views. However, the full set of data that each of our Inspectors' bring back can be found in each Inspectors' Data Print tab.
If we pull the data back through an Inspector, but do not surface it in one of our Inspectors' data views, it can still be surfaced in your Roar platform through creating a Metric.
You can find Metrics in four places in Roar:
- In Roar, navigate to your Dashboard > Select an Environment > Select the Metrics tab. Here you can see all Metrics (that have been turned on) across all Inspectors for the selected Environment.
- In Roar, navigate to Admin > Inspectors > select an Inspector > select a Friendly Name > select the Metrics tab. Here you can see all Metrics (that have been turned on) for the selected Inspector and Environment.
- In Roar, navigate to your Dashboard > select a System Inspector Type > select the Metrics tab. Here you can see all Metrics (that have been turned on) across all Inspectors for the selected System Type.
- In Roar, navigate to your Dashboard > Select an Environment. This takes you to a Single Environment Dashboard Screen. Here you can see Metrics that have been globally selected across all Environments for each System.
To view all of Roar's prewritten Metrics, in your Instance navigate to Admin > Metrics.
Recently Added Metrics
When a new Metric is added in Roar, it will be highlighted in green for 30 days. If you would like to sort your Metrics table by newly created Metrics, in the Columns drop down, add the "Created On" column.
Learn about how to leverage Roar's Metrics for Reporting in our Reporting documentation
If you are integrating Roar with BrightGauge, please know that any Metric turned on in Roar will make them visible in BrightGauge as well.
Learn How to Create a Metric here!
Last Updated: 2019-12-09
Updated 2 months ago